PIERRE SD – The Pierre Fire Department was called out at 6am this Thursday morning to a gas leak at Walmart in Pierre.
Electricity to the store was shut off for approximately one hour and the store was evacuated as a precaution.
An employee had been operating a forklift inside the building and hit a small gas line.
Pierre Police Department was call to direct traffic on the truck bypass during the incident. The fire department cleared out the gas and wrapped up shortly after 7am.
Comment Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in the comments section of DakotaRadioGroup.com are solely those of the comment author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions held by DakotaRadioGroup.com.