- This event has passed.
Women’s suffrage programs
January 30 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
The nationwide celebration of women’s suffrage continues at the Cultural Heritage Center in Pierre with special programming to support the “‘The Right is Ours’: Women Win the Vote” exhibit.
- Jan. 30, 7 p.m. CST: presentation on Her Flag, a nationwide art and travel project created by Oklahoma artist Marilyn Artus
- March 1, 2 p.m. CST: Liz Almlie with the State Historic Preservation Office will present “A Movement of Many: Stories of Women’s Suffrage in South Dakota”
- April 4, 10-11:30 a.m. CDT: Family Fun Saturday, Making Suffrage Signs
- April 4, 2 p.m. CDT: Dr. Claire Jerry from the Smithsonian’s National Museum of American History will present “Suffrage’s Top 10: Activists and Artifacts”
- April 5, 2 p.m. CDT: Dr. Claire Jerry will present “Winning the Vote with Words—From East to West!” at the Capitol Lake Visitor Center
Each of the programs is free to the public, and the materials for the Family Fun Saturday event on April 4 are also free. More information about the Her Flag program can be found at www.HerFlag.com.
The museum is open from 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. CST Monday through Saturday, and 1-4:30 p.m. CST on Sundays and most holidays. Call 605-773-3458 for more information about exhibits, special events, and upcoming activities.