South Dakota State University’s Dakota Lakes Research Farm will host its annual field day on June 27 at 3pm. The field day will feature plot tours, highlight research happening on the farm, as well as presentations and demonstrations by SDSU faculty and SDSU Extension specialists.
Topics that will be discussed include:
- Oil Seed Research – Thandiwe Nleya, Associate Professor in the Department of Agronomy, Horticulture and Plant Science
- Oats & Forage Program – Melanie Caffe, Assistant Professor in the Department of Agronomy, Horticulture and Plant Science and SDSU Oat Breeder
- Winter Wheat & Pulse Crop Variety Testing – Sunish Sehgal, SDSU Assistant Professor and Winter Wheat Breeder; Jon Kleinjan, SDSU Extension Crop Production Associate; Chris Graham, SDSU Extension Agronomist
- Polycropping – Ruth Beck, SDSU Extension Agronomy Field Specialist
- Phosphorus Placement and P Soil Test Calibration – Dwayne Beck, SDSU Dakota Lakes Research Farm Manager
- Cover Crops – Sam Ireland, SDSU Graduate Research Assistant and Jason Miller, USDA-NRCS
- Swath Grazing & Livestock Integration – Cody Zilverberg, SDSU Adjunct Professor
A meal will be provided for attendees. There is no cost or required registration. Everyone interested is encouraged to attend.
The field day is sponsored by the Dakota Lakes Research Farm Corporation.
The farm is located at 21310 308th
Ave, Pierre, S.D. (approximately 17 miles east of Pierre on Hwy 34). For more information on the SDSU Dakota Lakes Research Farm Field Day contact Sarah Dozier at 605-224-6357 or at firstname.lastname@example.org