Chili Cook Off
Winter Expo 2014 Chili Cook-off
to benefit the Boys & Girls Club of the Capital Area
Do you have a great Chili Recipe? Sign up now for Dakota Radio Group’s Winter Expo Chili Cook-off. It’s held as part of the Winter Expo at the Ramkota on January 18th, 2014. The winner will receive a new CharBroil Gas Grill valued at $199 from Schlachter Lumber in Gettysburg. Proceeds from the fundraiser will go toward the Boys and Girls Club of the Capital Area. The Dakota Radio Group’s Winter Expo Chili Cook-off is limited to the first 16 entrants, so enter NOW.
Chili Cook-Off Official Contest Rules:
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: The contest is open to legal residents whom are 18 years of age or older. Entrants may be individual or teams. Entrants may be of the private sector or have a business affiliation. Date of contest is Saturday, January 18th at the Ramkota in Pierre as part of the Dakota Radio Group Winter Expo.
- HOW TO ENTER: You must register as a chili cook-off participant at www.drgnews.com by completing the official contest entry form and returning via email to email@example.com. Limited to the first sixteen entries. The sixteen entries will be required to provide an 18 quart electric roaster full of chili. The chili must be pre-cooked and brought ready to eat. Contestants are required to supply their own serving utensils. Spoons and cups will be provided. There is no fee to enter. Table decorations or extra elements such as cheese or frito-chips etc. are allowed for presentation. Entries must be set up at the Ramkota and ready to start serving by 11 a.m. Serving ends at 2 p.m.
- DETERMINATION OF WINNER: A panel of judges will score each entrant on color, aroma, consistency, taste and after taste. Each criteria will be rated on a scale of zero to ten. The highest score, wins. The general public will also choose a People’s Choice winner. The general public will pay $4 for a taste of all chili entries and will be allowed a bottomless bowl per paid individual for a meal of their favorite. They will receive one vote for their $4 fee which will be cast in the Dakota Radio Group vendor booth inside the Convention Center. Votes must be cast by 2:45 p.m. The entrant with the most votes will be deemed the People’s Choice winner. Winner will be announced at 3 p.m. All proceeds will be donated to the Boys and Girls Club of the Pierre Area.
- PRIZE: First place prize is a CharBroil Gas Grill provided by Schlachter Lumber in Gettysburg valued at $199 and a take home trophy. Second Place will receive a take home trophy. A trophy will also be given for People’s Choice.
- OBLIGATION: All taxes or registration fees are the responsibility of the winner.
- PUBLICITY: Winners agree that by accepting a prize, they allow Dakota Radio Group and its stations, full rights to publicize their full name, city and state as means of promoting and publicizing the contest and it’s sponsors.
- DISCLAIMER: Each entrant agrees to release and hold the Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and advisors and the employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, and representatives of the Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and advisors harmless from and against any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind arising in connection with the contest or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, including but not limited to personal injury, death, and property damage as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy. All sponsor(s) are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, human error, technical malfunctions, omission, or any combination thereof.
- MODIFICATION: Dakota Radio Group reserves the right to modify the official rules of the contest in any way or at any time. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit www.dakotaradiogroup.com to review the then current “Official Contest Rules” to which you are bound.