Pierre City Hall Sign (KGFX Photo)

Consultant Pitches Multipurpose Facility to City Commission in Pierre

PIERRE, S.D. (AP) – A consultant is recommending that the city of Pierre build a 40,000-square-foot multipurpose building to replace the old City Auditorium, which closed in April 2011 because of structural problems. Arizona-based Pinnacle Indoor Sports Facility Development spoke with dozens of nonprofits, recreational sports groups and high school coaches before compiling its...
Keep Reading »
Image of U.S. Capitol in Washington D.C. at Night

Farm Bill Extension From D.C. Not Popular in Upper Midwest

GRAND FORKS, N.D. (AP) – Leaders of Upper Midwest farm groups are upset that Congress has extended the current farm bill rather than pass new legislation. The one-year extension of portions of the expired 2008 farm bill is part of the legislation to avert the “fiscal cliff” of major tax increases and spending cuts...
Keep Reading »
Snow on Field

Winter Wheat Farmers Concerned With Lack of Snow

SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (AP) – Some South Dakota farmers are concerned about the lack of snow cover protection for winter wheat. The U.S. Department of Agriculture says in its weekly crop weather report that snow cover for winter wheat is rated at 61 percent poor with the remaining 39 percent adequate. Winter wheat condition...
Keep Reading »
Onida Water Tower (KGFX Photo)

Funeral Services Set for Onida Man

ONIDA, S.D. – (DRG News) Funeral services have been set for a young Onida man who died Tuesday morning.  20-year-old Tate Senftner was found deceased on New Year’s Day.  Senftner’s death was the result of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.  Senftner was a standout high school athlete and had been attending Northern State University in...
Keep Reading »