BLUNT SD – Friday morning May 19th the Blunt Fire Department received a call around 2am pertaining to a fire at 308 N Bluff in Blunt at an apartment complex consisting of 8 apartments. According to Ron Moehring the Assistant Chief and Public Information Officer for the Blunt Fire Department, one of the residents had fallen asleep with a still lit cigarette.
A neighbor assisted with putting out the fire which burned a chair , some carpet and caused smoke damage. The fire had been controlled by the neighbor when the Blunt Fire Department arrived, so they worked on getting the smoke out of the building.
Moehring said that the Red Cross was called to assist with possible displacement but was not needed as the resident of the apartment returned to the home as did the other residents in the apartment complex following the smoke removal by 3:45am.
Comment Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in the comments section of DakotaRadioGroup.com are solely those of the comment author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions held by DakotaRadioGroup.com.