Fire Marshal’s Office Says Cause of Fire in McIntosh Can’t be Pinpointed

Flames and Do Not Enter Banner

 

PIERRE, S.D. – (DRG News) The State Fire Marshal’s Office says the cause of a fire that occurred in February in a McIntosh business might not ever be determined. The Main Street Grill and Lounge, located in the mid-section of the community, burned down in mid-February. In the days after the fire, reports indicated that the blaze started after the business was closed and there were no injuries. The Fire Marshal’s Office worked with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives to investigate the fire. State Fire Marshal Paul Merriman says the agencies were not able to come up with an exact cause of the fire, due to the extent of damage. Also, complicating the search for a cause was an abundance of potential ignition sources. The Fire Marshal says the exact cause of the fire may never be known.


Comment Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in the comments section of DakotaRadioGroup.com are solely those of the comment author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions held by DakotaRadioGroup.com.

Leave a Comment



Multimedia