BISMARCK, N.D. – (DRG News) Officials with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration have completed an investigation into the deaths of two Gettysburg men last fall. 50-year-old Kirk Hansen and his son, 20-year-old Erik Hansen, were overcome by sewer gases while they worked at a lift station at West Whitlock Resort west of Gettysburg last September. The two were part of their family business-Hansen Plumbing. Eric Brooks, Director of the Bismarck Area Office for OSHA, says the investigation into the incident wrapped up earlier this month. He says although it did not conclude with a finding that no conditions had been violated, OSHA is unable to issue citations.
Officials said last fall that Erik Hansen died from sewer gas exposure as he worked in the concrete enclosure. His father attempted to rescue him and had to be pulled out of the lift station by others. Kirk Hansen died after being taken to a Sioux Falls hospital.
Comment Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in the comments section of DakotaRadioGroup.com are solely those of the comment author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions held by DakotaRadioGroup.com.