Pierre Man Sentenced on Charges of Simple Assault and Obstructing

Pierre Courtroom Doors (KGFX News)

 

PIERRE, S.D. – (DRG News) A Pierre man was sentenced yesterday for his no contest pleas to Simple Assault and Obstructing Law Enforcement.  19-year-old John Reddest was indicted on several charges after an altercation at a Pierre business last November.  Police were told that a knife had been pulled during the fight, but no one was cut or stabbed.  Both charges are Class 1 misdemeanors and carry a penalty of up to a year in jail, a $2,000 fine or both.  Hughes County States Attorney Max Gors says Reddest was part of an altercation at Lariat Lanes November 2 and that Reddest assaulted one individual and ran from police when they arrived at the scene.  Judge John Brown gave Reddest a year in jail for each count and ordered that the sentences run concurrently.  He also stated that the Hughes County jail time will run at the same time as any penalty Reddest receives on charges that are currently pending in Stanley County.  Reddest was also ordered to pay a fine, court costs and attorney fees.


Comment Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in the comments section of DakotaRadioGroup.com are solely those of the comment author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions held by DakotaRadioGroup.com.

Leave a Comment