FPFD Responds to Call at Fort Pierre Residence Sunday

Fort Pierre Fire Department Logo


FORT PIERRE, S.D. – (DRG News) The Fort Pierre Fire Department responded to a call Sunday afternoon.  Fort Pierre Fire Chief Rick Cronin says the department was summoned about 3:15 p.m. Sunday to 211 West Main.  He says the residents had built a fire in a wood stove in the home.  A blockage in the stove’s chimney caused a fire in the chimney and smoke in the residence.  The chimney overheated and responders used about three to four gallons of water on the red-hot pipe-and later took the chimney apart and cleared the blockage.  Cronin says firefighters were at the scene for about an hour, mostly working to remove smoke from the residence.  A thermal camera was used to make sure the hot chimney didn’t create potential hot spots in other parts of the structure.  Cronin says there was slight water damage in the basement of the home.  No one was injured.  The Red Cross responded to the call but Cronin says their services were not needed.

Comment Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in the comments section of DakotaRadioGroup.com are solely those of the comment author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions held by DakotaRadioGroup.com.

Leave a Comment