PIERRE, S.D. – (DRG News) The Pierre Volunteer Fire Department was called out last night to a report of a car on fire near a home. Pierre’s Deputy Fire Chief Ian Paul says the vehicle fire occurred just outside a trailer home at 2502 East Sully at 7:15 p.m. Paul says the fire was put out before firefighters arrived. He says apparently something malfunctioned in the engine of the car. The fire was sparked when someone attempted to start the four door sedan. The engine turned over, but Paul says a pop was heard and that’s when the fire flared up. The vehicle’s engine compartment was left with damage in the blaze. The fire department was at the scene of the fire call for about 15 minutes.
Comment Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in the comments section of DakotaRadioGroup.com are solely those of the comment author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions held by DakotaRadioGroup.com.