PFD Contacted After Electric Smell and Light Smoke Noted in Apartment Utility Room

Pierre Fire Department Truck

 

PIERRE, S.D. – (DRG News) The Pierre Fire Department was called to check out a report of light smoke and an electrical odor at a Pierre apartment building last night. Pierre’s Deputy Fire Chief Ian Paul says firefighters were contacted just before eleven p.m. Wednesday. They were told that an electric smell and light smoke were noted in the utility room of a four-unit apartment complex at 325 South Brule Street. The building was evacuated and firefighters searched the utility room. Paul says they found an electrical component in a water heater had malfunctioned and there had been a small fire-which had extinguished itself. Tenants were allowed to return to the building after about twenty minutes and firefighters were at the complex for about a half an hour.


Comment Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in the comments section of DakotaRadioGroup.com are solely those of the comment author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions held by DakotaRadioGroup.com.


Multimedia