PIERRE, S.D. – (DRG News) The Pierre Volunteer Fire Department spent a short time at the site of a natural gas line leak yesterday afternoon. Pierre Fire Chief Bill Alexander says the department was called to 512 East Missouri about 2:15 p.m. where it was said that a person using a stump grinder hit a half inch gas line. Alexander says at least one home near the site of the hissing gas line break was evacuated. Firefighters were at the scene for about ten minutes. Alexander says Montana Dakota Utilities crews arrived to crimp the line and stop the leak.
Comment Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in the comments section of DakotaRadioGroup.com are solely those of the comment author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions held by DakotaRadioGroup.com.