PIERRE, S.D. – (DRG News) The Oahe Chapel will once again hold Sunday Services for the summer season. The first service for 2012 will be this Sunday, May 27. The ecumenical services begin at 8:00 a.m. each Sunday from Memorial Day through Labor Day. The historic chapel was built in 1877 as part of the Oahe Mission, which was set up to serve the Sioux Indians by Congregationalist minister-Reverend Thomas L Riggs. The chapel is located adjacent to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Visitor Center. It is owned by the South Dakota State Historical Society and managed by the Oahe Chapel Preservation Society. The summer services are hosted by the Pierre-Fort Pierre Ministerial Association and the Oahe Chapel Preservation Society. Several churches will participate in the services schedule.
Comment Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in the comments section of DakotaRadioGroup.com are solely those of the comment author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions held by DakotaRadioGroup.com.