PIERRE, S.D. – (DRG News) The Pierre Volunteer Fire Department spent about 15 minutes at the scene of a small fire in the engine compartment of a vehicle this morning. Deputy Fire Chief Ian Paul says a person had just parked the vehicle they were driving in the parking lot near the SDEA building on Capitol Avenue when it was noted that smoke was coming from under the hood. When the driver opened the hood, a small fire was discovered and the fire department was called. Firefighters used an extinguisher to quickly put out the fire. Paul says it’s believed that some electrical components under the hood caused the blaze. The fire left about $1,000 damage and Paul says the owner was advised to have the vehicle towed from the scene and have a professional look at it.
Comment Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in the comments section of DakotaRadioGroup.com are solely those of the comment author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions held by DakotaRadioGroup.com.