FORT PIERRE, S.D. – (DRG News) A Fort Pierre man will make his initial appearance today on a handful of counts following an incident that was reported in Fort Pierre Sunday. Stanley County Sheriff Brad Rathbun says officials were called out to the report that shots had been fired both inside and outside a Fort Pierre apartment at 212 East Wandel Avenue yesterday about 5:30 p.m. Rathbun says it’s believed that three shots were fired from a rifle following some kind of domestic argument; but no one was injured. Arrested yesterday was 39-year-old Ronald L. Berens, Jr. Rathbun says he was taken into custody without incident and is charged with Aggravated Assault, Discharge of a Firearm at an Occupied Structure, Commission of a Felony While Armed with a Firearm and Reckless Discharge of a Firearm. Rathbun also says Berens faces a charge which is written up as Attempted First Degree Murder. Berens is in custody and will make an initial appearance from the Hughes County Jail via ITV this afternoon at 1:15 p.m. The Division of Criminal Investigation and Pierre Police Department assisted the Stanley County Sheriff’s Office at the scene of yesterday’s incident.
Comment Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in the comments section of DakotaRadioGroup.com are solely those of the comment author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions held by DakotaRadioGroup.com.