PIERRE, S.D. – (DRG News) Three days have been set aside in August for the trial of a Fort Pierre man facing Attempted First Degree Murder and other charges. A motions hearing was held yesterday for 32-year-old Derek Boe and he will be tried in early August on Attempted Murder; weapons charges that include Discharge of a Firearm at an Occupied Vehicle and Possession of a Firearm by a Prohibited Person; along with alternate counts of Aggravated Assault Domestic Violence. He pled not guilty to the charges in February. Authorities allege that Boe shot the window out of a vehicle that was occupied by a Pierre woman on January 21. The woman’s vehicle was said to have been stuck in a ditch in rural Hughes County, when she told law enforcement that Boe approached her vehicle with a shotgun and fired it through the passenger side window while she was inside. The shot shattered the window and the sheriff’s department says she was hit by glass and flying debris. A judge refused to reduce bond for Boe earlier this month and Hughes County States Attorney Kelly Marnette says he is still in jail on $50,000 cash bond. Marnette also filed a petition in February that alleges Boe is a habitual offender, which would increase his sentence up to 105 years in prison if he is found guilty of all charges. Trial is set to begin at 10:30 a.m. on August 8.
Comment Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in the comments section of DakotaRadioGroup.com are solely those of the comment author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions held by DakotaRadioGroup.com.