PIERRE, S.D. – (DRG News) A Pierre man who was indicted on rape and kidnapping charges has pled not guilty to the crimes. 47-year-old Antoine LaDeaux Jr. was indicted on the felony charges last month. He was arrested March 9 after an 18-year-old Pierre female said she wasn’t allowed to leave a residence and had been forced to have sexual intercourse against her will. Because paperwork was filed that alleges LaDeaux is a habitual offender, the sentences for both rape and kidnapping could be enhanced to a maximum of life imprisonment on each count. LaDeaux’s attorney requested a jury trial for his client and said the case will likely need about three days for the trial process. A motions hearing has been set for April 30 and jury selection will begin on the morning of July 11. Judge John Brown denied a request for LaDeaux’s bond to be modified from $15,000 cash to $15,000 cash or surety and LaDeaux remains held in the Hughes County Jail.
Comment Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in the comments section of DakotaRadioGroup.com are solely those of the comment author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions held by DakotaRadioGroup.com.