The 15th annual Tyler Wilcox Memorial Guns and Hoses blood drive starts today (Dec. 2) in Fort Pierre and moves to Pierre tomorrow and Wednesday.
Vitalant senior donor recruitment representative Abbie Arneson says they’re set up to take blood donations in the same locations as they’ve been in previous years.
The previous record was 388.
Arneson says this year’s goal is to collect 400 units of blood.
With one donation, you can impact up to three lives. Donors can schedule an appointment by:
- calling Vitalant at 605-225-7732
- going to www.vitalant.org
- using the Vitalant app
Walk-in donors are also welcome.
Blood donation requirements:
- Donors must be at least 16 years old. 16 yr. old donors will need a signed parental consent form that you can get at the blood drive or at www.vitalant.org, donor forms, bottom of the page under RESOURCES
- Valid picture ID
- Donors must be in good health and cannot have a cold or be on antibiotics
- Tattoos are ok if they were done in a licensed facility
- Many cancer survivors are able to donate
- If you have eligibility questions please call 605-225-7732
Those who’d like to donate blood may do so:
- Monday, Dec. 2, 11:30 to 6, Fort Pierre Fire Station
- Tuesday, Dec. 3, 11:30 to 6, Pierre Faith Lutheran Church
- Wednesday, Dec. 4, 8 to 2:30 Pierre Faith Lutheran Church
This year’s goal is 400 units during the three day event. Over 2400 (2459) units have been collected during this drive since it began in 2005. This blood drive has also brought in 385 first time donors.
Follow the Tyler Wilcox Memorial Guns and Hoses Blood Drive on social media:
- Face Book – Tyler Wilcox Memorial Guns n’ Hoses Blood Drive
- Snap Chat – (Will have soon)
- Instagram – (Will have soon)